Adams' ADHD & ADD Consulting Services LLC
Helping parents and educators understand impacts,strengths & solutions
Keynote Presenter: Pamela J. Compart, M.D.
A Holistic Approach to ADHD: Healing from the Inside Out
While there are genetic contributions to ADHD, there are numerous factors occurring outside the brain which have effects on the brain and which are treatable. This talk will address factors such as low blood sugar, histamine from allergies, food sensitivities and nutritional deficiencies. The science underlying this approach and practical interventions will be discussed.
Dr. Compart is a developmental pediatrician who founded HeartLight Healing Arts in Columbia, MD with the goal of bringing together skilled practitioners from a variety of disciplines to provide comprehensive, integrated health care to children, adults and families.
A Mind-Body Approach
A one day conference provided by CHADD of Northern Virginia-Washington DC and the ADHD Resource Group of Northern Virginia
Date: Saturday, October 15th
8:00 Registration; 8:45 am - 4:45 pm conference
Location: National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) Conference Center in Arlington http://www.nreca.coop/location-directions/
Approximately 200 mental health professionals, educators, students (ages 12-18), parents of children with ADHD, and adults with ADHD in attendance.
For information on Sponsorship, Exhibitor and Ticket Options click on the link below:
Thank you to Gold Sponsors already committed to this special conference:
VAYA Pharma, Inc.
- A Fresh Perspective of Medication Intervention for ADHD and Autism-- Joni Johnson
- ADHD, LD and the Benefits of Mindfulness Practice -- Elizabeth Ahmann
- Aging With ADHD - Starting to Map Uncharted Territory -- Dr. Kathleen Nadeau
- Fidgety, Forgetful, and Unfocused: How to Get Your Child to Focus and Finish-- Ann Dolin, M.Ed.
- Coaching the Brain Through Neuromovement & the Nine Essentials -- Faith Halter, JD
- Finding Your Flow: 3 Stages to Maximizing Productivity, Creativity, and Well-Being -- Julie Gray, COC
- Laughter IS Medicine: Building Executive Functioning Skills Through Improv!-- Lisa Kays, Brett Howard
- Mind Over Anxiety -- Herve LeBouf III, Ph.D.
- Mindfully Motivating Students With ADHD -- Jon Thomas, Ed.D., LPC
- Mindfulness . . . for ADHD?!? -- Dr. Denise Bike
- Mindfulness and Neurofeedback: An Integration of Interventions -- Archana Dogra. Ph.D.
- Moving to Brain/Body Balance -- Lynne Bauer
- Self-Empowerment Through Yoga -- Erin Hurley, Antoine Woods
- The Power of Self Determination -- Mary Guckert, Ph.D.
- We've Got Issues: Children and Parents in the Age of Medication -- Judith Warner